1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

“I try never to be in a bad mood”

Discussion in 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' started by Kalsoom_24, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Kalsoom_24

Kalsoom_24 New Member

“I try never to be in a bad mood”

You’ve finished shooting for the first season of KBC, what are your thoughts right now?

I’m feeling a little bad that the first season is almost over. I’m going to miss it.

Were you apprehensive in the beginning?

As an artist, I always do something for myself and then hope others will like it. That’s how I approached KBC also. The initial feedback that I got from the core team was that I was making it too light and funny. Chances were that it could go wrong, but chances were also that it could go right. I decided to give it a shot anyway.

How do you explain the intense speculation on the TRP of the show?

I did get angry when a national newspaper carried a page one story on how the show’s TRP is falling. I took it personally but better sense prevailed. I took on the show as a challenge and told myself that I’ll do it my way.

Did you learn something about yourself during the show?

I learnt that I could reach the shooting in time. Jokes aside, I always knew that I could pick up things fast but KBC reinforced it. I also realised that I can connect with people and maybe that’s why I work as a movie star. It’s a nice feeling to know that people don’t mind me.

With so much interaction with so many people, do you ever feel that you have to always be in a good mood?

I try never to be in a bad mood. I understand that people who come on the show want to take back a good memory. That way, I’m quite magnanimous. Personally, I’m a recluse and I tell myself that I’ve to be with people for only six hours. So I try to make the most of it.

What’s the best compliment you’ve got for the show?

I think it’s what Siddharth (Basu) said, “That boy is a joy to watch. Even friends like Ashutosh (Gowariker) send me nice messages like, “Shah, it looks like you’ve been doing this all your life.” Last night my son, Aryan told me, “Papa, you know, this show is awesome.” When I asked him what he meant by it, he said, “My friends in school tell me that they see your show and that my dad is awesome.”

So when Amitabh Bachchan says that “SRK is fine” on the show, how do you interpret the word ‘fine’?

It’s okay. It’s not that important either to me or to him. I’m sure he watches the show but because there are rumours of problems between us, the word ‘fine’ takes on another meaning. To me, a buzz is more important than a singular reaction.

Is it true that there is soon going to be a biopic on you?

Not at all. The guys at Madame Tussauds want to shoot a documentary on the making of my wax statute. That’s all. Anyway, biopics are made on guys who didn’t achieve much or who are no longer doing anything.

Do you feel like it’s time to sit down and sort it out with Samajwadi party leader, Amar Singh?

I’ve nothing to sort with anyone. It’s just that I don’t like people coming outside my house and making my family uncomfortable. I don’t deserve it and neither does my family.

Why did you say that you’re a “demented Pathan” in a recent interview?

What I meant was that I’m capable of handling 20 people on my own. I can even handle 20,000 people because I’m a Pathan. Like the Rajputs, Pathans are considered warriors. My father was a Pathan who fought for the freedom of my country and I have the same genes. That said, I’m courteous to everyone. It’s just that I didn’t like certain things said about me. It was said that my wife should apologise. My wife will never apologise to anyone on my account. When I came to Mumbai, I told my friends that whatever work I do in life, I’ll never embarass my family.

cities.expressindia.com

2. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Don't mind you?! Aww :kiss:, lol, we loooove you!!!:hug::heart:

That's so sweet.:kiss::hug:

Amen!:cool:

Thanks Kalsoom.:)

3. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

So are we, so are we. :pout:

...And that's the offical winner in the Understatement of the Year Category... No, we most certainly do not mind you, hon. :D

All in all, nice interview. Thanks Kalsoom :)

4. starstar

starstar People are not perfect (except when they smile)

Thanks for sharing Kalsoom :) ,

Although I don't watch KBC on Star Plus ( because I don't have the channel) but on the internet, I'm gonna miss it too. Terribly.. :( .

I liked the answer he gave to the question So when Amitabh Bachchan says that “SRK is fine” on the show, how do you interpret the word ‘fine’?. I'm convinced that Sahhrukh is having the right reaction about all these things about the war between him and Amitji :thumb:.

And these words Aaryan told Shahrukh about his friends' reaction to KBC... How sweet! Aaryan is a Sweetoo :love: ...

Yes, neither Shahrukh nor his family deserve sadness or being threatened by anybody. They deserve nothing else than happiness. May God bless them :) .

5. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

What a man! :thumb:

Thank you for sharing! :)

6. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

As always it was so great to read his interview. Thanks for sharing.

7. Kalsoom_24

Kalsoom_24 New Member

this is the full interview

INTERVIEW | SHAH RUKH KHAN

"I try never to be in a bad mood"

Harneet Singh
    Posted online: Friday, March 30, 2007 at 0000 hours IST

The number of people who used to stand outside my house has increased by 60 times. It's a traffic jam now.

KBC has just completed two months, what are your thoughts right now?
    I'm feeling a little bad that the first season is almost over. I saw last night's episode and I liked it. Lots of memories of the day we shot this one came back. I'm going to miss it.

When the show was first offered to you, how long did you take to say yes?

There wasn't a big debate at all. See, what happened was that Pradeep Guha, who is a dear friend of mine, asked me to do something for Zee. I agreed but then nothing happened. We could not find a project that could justify my price and time. Then STAR approached me for KBC. It was a tried and tested format so there were no apprehensions on that front. I told Samir Nair if Mr Bachchan is not doing it then I'll do it. So in that sense, it took me just about 15 to 20 minutes to decide.

So you were not at all apprehensive?

See, most people try to think of excellence in creativity based on whether people will like it or not. That way, we tend to lose ourselves. As an artiste, I always do something for myself and then hope others will like it. That's how I approached KBC also. The initial feedback that I got from the core team was that I was making it too light and funny. So yeah chances were that it could go wrong but chances were also that it could go right. But I decided to give it a shot anyway. And talking about apprehensions, I have them all the time about working as an actor but you gotta go with what you think is right.

How do you explain the intense speculation on the TRP of the show?

In my mind it's very clear that when people bring figures in creativity then take it, that it has worked creatively. I did get angry when a national newspaper carried a page one story on how the show's TRPs and SRK is falling. I took it personally but soon better sense prevailed. I'm educated enough to know how newspapers and TRP work. See, TRP is not my business. I come into this show believing in my team. I'm an actor, in that sense, an outsider to the set-up so I don't need to concern myself with the figures. I took on the show as a challenge and told myself that I'll do it my way. And I've managed to do that.

Did you learn something about yourself during the show?

I learnt that I could reach the shooting in time. Jokes aside, I always knew that I could pick up things fast but KBC reinforced it. I also realized that I can connect with people and maybe that's why I work as a movie star. It's a nice feeling to know that people don't mind me.

But since there is such a lot of interaction with so many people, do you ever feel that you have to be always in a good mood so as not to leave a bad impression?

I've observed that sometimes the more senior person brings in the mood on the set so I try never to be in a bad mood. I understand that people who come on the show want to take back a good memory. That way, I'm quite magnanimous. Personally, I'm a recluse and I tell myself that I've to be with people for only six hours. So I try to make the most of these six hours since I'm going to be back to my reclusive self anyway. So you can say that I appreciate my own company but at the same time I like being with people also. I feel more emotionally satisfied.

What has been the reaction of the common man to your stint in KBC?

It’s there for everyone to see it. Clearly, I can sense a sea of change within people. Whoever I meet at airports or events mentions KBC. I can feel it that they feel they know me a little better. The number of people who used to stand outside my house has increased by 60 times. It's a traffic jam now.

What's the best compliment you've got for the show?

I think it's what Siddharth (Basu) said, "That boy is a joy to watch." Even friends like Ashutosh (Gowariker) send me nice messages like, "Shah, it looks like you've been doing this all your life." Last night my son, Aryan told me, "Papa, you know, this show is awesome." When I asked him what he meant by it, he said, "My friends in school tell me that they see your show and that my dad is awesome."

So when Amitabh Bachchan says that "SRK is fine" on the show, how do you interpret the word fine?

It’s ok. It's not that important either to me or to him. I'm sure he watches the show but because there are rumours of problems between us, the word 'fine' takes on another meaning. I don't know how you will take it but to me, a buzz is more important than a singular reaction. I crave for a universal sigh of relief and excitement than an individual reaction.

Is it true that there is soon going to be a biopic on you?

Not at all. The guys at Madame Tussauds want to shoot a documentary on the making of my wax statue. That's all. Anyways, biopics are made on guys who didn't achieve much or who are no longer doing anything.

Is it true that your company, Red Chillies, is getting into television software?

Well, I have a SFX and advertising production unit, which are run by good teams. I'm planning to expand it. I've some friends who feel that as a company we should look into television. I don't think I'll take it on myself but I can lend facilities to a team of people who can handle it well. But nothing is decided as of yet.

Do you feel like it’s time to sit down and sort it out with Samajwadi party leader, Amar Singh?

I've nothing to sort with anyone. It's just that I don't like people coming outside my house and making my family uncomfortable. I deserve 500 people who love me standing outside my house for my autograph but I don't deserve 20 fans of someone saying Shah Rukh murdabad. I don't deserve it and neither does my family.

Why did you say that you're a "demented Pathan" in a recent interview?

What I meant was that I'm capable of handling 20 people on my own. I can even handle 20,000 people because I'm a Pathan. I don't mean Pathan as an Islamic term. It's just that like the Rajputs, Pathans are considered the warriors. My father was a Pathan who fought for the freedom of my country so in that sense, I have the same genes. That said, I'm courteous to everyone. It's just that I didn't like certain things said about me. It was said that my wife should apologize. My wife will never apologize to anyone on my account. When I came to Mumbai, I told my friends that whatever work I do in life, I'll never embarrass my family.

harneet.singh@expressindia.com

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=15318

8. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing