1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

“I spent sleepless nights wondering how to break it to Shah Rukh" Farah

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Rajshri, Nov 5, 2010.

1. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

it flopped very badly, I took the pain of reading a few reviews and was elated to see them! People disliked it a lot. :cheer2:

2. skylark60

skylark60 Active Member

MHN and OSO were not great movies at all. Shahrukh made them great with his charisma and style. He is the special ingredient in a film. Akshay is good but he does not have SRK's presence. Nonsense that Farah dishes out needs a Shahrukh to be credible.

3. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

that cheering is so wrong :tsk:
    it should look more like this:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::whoo::whoo::whoo::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:dance::dance::dance:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

maybe its still an understatement :lol:
    but i feel so sorry for those poor people who are going to go watch it once anyway becuse of all the hype

4. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

:pound:

5. SRKfanforever

SRKfanforever Well-Known Member

Guys I know TMK is not a SRK movie but i am posting a review of this movie where they have talked about SRK alot and why he made Farah's previouse two films SPECIAL.

Farah Khan is an encyclopeadia of pop culture. She enjoys life and she enjoys her movies. Making them and watching them. That much is evident in Tees Maar Khan, which is, again, a pastiche of popular culture and insider jokes. It doesn't have Om Shanti Om's flair or its vision, but then that comes with Shah Rukh Khan. Call it a cottage industry version of Om Shanti Om, with fewer cameos and less chutzpah. What it does have is Katrina Kaif, at her funniest best. Ah, it's an important scene, she remarks. "Main aur zyada make-up laga kar aati hoon." There she is with her green gown flying up as the helicopter bearing superstar Aatish Kapoor lands in Dhulia gaon. And there she is speaking with her midriff in the Sheila ki Jawani song. And there she is, of course, draping herself on Akshay Kumar or pouting into his face.

So ladies and gentlemen, this is the film that officially announces the end of Akshay Kumar's career, who's definitely lost his charisma. If it works at some level, it's only because of Katrina's wholehearted participation in the collaboration to make her look like dummy. She's clever because she allows the movie to laugh at her. As is Akshaye Khanna as an actor who discovers his mojo by acting in a fake film as a "krantikari" who loots a running train. Akshay Kumar, on the other hand, looks jaded and faded, trying too hard to step into a role that was obviously written for a much wittier and fleeter Shah Rukh Khan.
    In fact, Shah Rukh Khan's ghost hangs all over the film. Akshaye Khanna playing Aatish Kapoor is an actor who lost out the Slumdog Millionaire role to Danny Doyle (yes, we know) and is very desperate to act with Manoj Day Ramalan (yes, we know again). He is obsessed with Aamir Khan not getting what he thinks is the role of a Hollywood lifetime. There is a parade of Oscar winners in the end credits which stars everyone from Twinkle Khanna to the lightboy. And yes, there is a semi qawwali featuring Salman Khan in a crazy Dabanng mood sticking a sword into Akshay Kumar's backside.

Think of it as a series of skits, strung loosely together. It tests your patience at several points with jokes that seem to have been written on the fly. Yes, Tabrez Mirza Khan is a clever thief like Ismail Koyla (so called because he's as dark as koyla, ha ha) and Master India (yes, son of invisible Mr India). Yes, the plane on which Tees Maar Khan achieves his escape is called Con Air (ha ha) and the Bhojpuri film that Tees Maar Khan's friends steal camera equipment from is called Choli Main Holi. A song that pays an ode to Yusuf ki Madhubala and a train robbery that has everyone breaking out into the Manoj Kumar anthem, mere desh ki dharti, seem to owe their humour more to Shirish Kunder's Jaan-e-Mann than to Farah Khan's Om Shanti Om.
    But it's not to say that there is not a single enjoyable moment in the three hour film that seems to have been shot on a very tight budget-I wonder how much UTV paid for the film. It doesn't seem to be as much as they spent on it. There are some amusing little scenes featuring Arya Babbar as a local policeman who has ambitions of acting, Raghu Raman and his twin as the conjoined Johri Brothers, and Anil Kapoor as himself dancing to Jai Ho. I wouldn't say it is an exceptional movie. But watching Katrina Kaif's spirited performance-and that of her new found midriff-makes it almost worth it. Wish there was more Farah in the movie and less Shirish, less Akshay Kumar and more Shah Rukh Khan, less everyone and more Katrina. It's an oddly half-hearted film from a woman who is never known to do anything in half measure.

Sorry guys the source http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/124507/Cinema/film-review-tees-maar-khan.html

6. Naina20071

Naina20071 Well-Known Member

@SRKfanforever

Have you a source from this review? :)

7. gauri_fairy

gauri_fairy mahzabin

All the reviews I read criticized the script. Which apparently I came to know were written by not one but two Kunders :scared:(Farah's husband Sirish Kunder, and his brother) :scared:. What more can you expect then. Anyways to some extent I felt bad for Farah, may be coz she meant a lot to Shah, and I was used to liking her, it is just recently that I started disliking her. But I'm over it now, she was given what she deserved. Had she made a good movie people would have accepted it, but oh well...! Not interested in her career anymore. As I always say I don't care about the success or failure of anyone else except Shah's.

Also one more thing I wish Shah's fans didn't take his name while commenting on the movie. Why mentioning him in something he is not involved? I've seen some tweets even to farah that repeated Shah's name again n again! Let just leave Shah away from these unnecessary troubles :pray: And besides it seems that SRK fans are doing negative publicity for the movie! Why take the blame on our shoulder, while the movie itself is not good!

8. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

the movie might not flop badly but it wont be a big hit
    it has terrible word of mouth and everyone around has disliked it a lot

9. SRKfanforever

Of course we dont wish bad for others but any which way i wanted farah to get her lesson!!!...Believe me guys if she made the movie with right intentions and didnt hurt SRK...she would have made tmk much better than mhn/oso....its all about your intentions. What was the need for her to talk about srk negatively while promoting tmk??? What makes me angry that how quickly she forgot favours from SRK...whome she considered her father:rolleyes:

Well she had to learn her lesson and it is happening now...i feel sorry for the actors of this movie who have to bare it too. She must realise importance of SRK now and what she done to him.

10. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

:pound: :rofl: :pound:

11. Becy

Becy Well-Known Member

Bad reviews do not mean a film will flop, actually TMK had a great opening.

12. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

It hasn't flopped yet...

13. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

It has the most pathetic reviews for ever. Even rag ki AAG was not ridiculed like this , people are so mad with that and it's fading. It had a great opening due to hype and holidays, BOI claimed its getting faded from noon shows.

14. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

:laugh: :laugh: it will surely not be a hit .... time to celebrate..YAAAAAAAY..i know its being mean but its good to be mean at times...aaahh what relief...LOL :laugh::laugh:

15. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

^dont feel bad
    well the result of her film has got nothing to do with SRK but she was bad about/to him just for the sake of her film..so this is what she gets

if she hadnt shown her true colours of how ungrateful she is then im sure we all would have sympathised with her becos the script is so Sh*t
    right now i feel she deserves it. hope she came plummeting back down to earth with a nice big thud and has woken up a bit

recently again theres a new article, new interview
    where she uses SRK's name to say she isnt talking about SRK :pound:

16. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

^ right yaar. had her intentions been in the right place i would have been praying for her success. but my o my was she mean or what? such arrogant interviews and her constant claims that she can do without SRK. serves her right man

17. gauri_fairy

gauri_fairy mahzabin

I've never seen such a negative response for any film in my life! Her husband really is a good for nothing, and the guy need to accept that. People of every age coming out from the theater said the movie was horrible! How can someone make a movie so bad, that everyone hates so dearly? :confused:

18. SRKfanforever

And where is farah's direction!!!!!!:rolleyes: Ok fine the story was crape but what about her skills...who can show anything funny.....i saw the film on youtube (quite good quality) because i couldnt resist seeing what she and her husband done....and i am speechless.....had to pinch myself to believe it is a film directed by the same person who made one of the funniest entertainers mhn/oso. I only liked the two songs and akshay khana's acting thats all. As a viewer you think where are the funny scenes or even a scene that can crack you up...a normal requirement from a comedy genre film leave alone the names attached to it (farah/akshay). I had to farward the film as i couldnt take it anymore.

After watching tmk...i am 100% sure that SRK was not just acting in mhn/oso but he must have been directing most of the parts because if they were entirely directed by farah then why couldnt she even do 10% of it in tmk???? A film which she was making for her own company......

19. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

ok guys I really think we are spending waaaay too much time on negativity regarding Farah and her film!:rolleyes:Remember what Shah always says keeps him young is that he never thinks badly of others:heart::heart:,so lets just leave her,wish her the best:cool: and enjoy everything wonderful here about Shah(where's that D&G thread again,lol)I'm really sorry if I have offended anyone (not my intention at all)but I'm getting of all the negativity!:eek:

20. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Naeema, normally I'm the first to be calling for positive remarks or a discrete silence.
    But I think this is different.
    This isn't narky comments on people's random dislikes. I think most of us here feel hurt and betrayed by Farah's attitude and are relieved her appalling behaviour will not reap her rewards.

Your feelings are to be applauded, but allow us a little time to analysize and debrief (and yes, gloat a little!) and we will move on soon. :)