1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

‘Slumdog’ game show host Anil Kapoor might turn presenter for KBC

Discussion in 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' started by kokesrk, Feb 18, 2009.

1. kokesrk

kokesrk Well-Known Member

Spicezee Bureau

Mumbai, Feb 19: Flying high on the success of ‘Slumdog Millioniare, Anil Kapoor’s much talked about host avatar is surely taking him places. After going globe totting bagging awards from one country to the other, the actor’s grey role in the film has now awed the makers of the Indian version of the money minting show KBC who are vying to bring him on board.
    Grapevine has it that Sony TV that has bought the rights to the show is pursuing the actor to take up as the host for its next season.

Though Anil wasn’t the first choice for the part, his ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ act highlighted the host in him. Bowled over by Salman’s ‘Dus Ka Dum’ charisma, the channel had initially planned to sign on Salman but things went in Anil’s favour post the multi-award winning flick ‘Slumdog’ hit screens.

A news daily quoted a source as saying, “Initially, the channel was thinking of getting Salman Khan to host the quiz show since they had already signed him under a three-year contract for their game show ‘Dus Ka Dum’. But since the show didn’t do as well as they expected and they had already paid Salman, they thought they would get him to host KBC. Now after seeing Anil Kapoor’s performance in Slumdog Millionaire, the channel is trying to get him on board in order to raise their TRPs”.

Looks like Shah Rukh Khan, who had earlier turned down the ‘Slumdog’ role, has found yet another reason to feel grungy.

Source:

http://www.spicezee.com/articles/story23586.htm

2. Zuhal

Zuhal Guest

Hmm no one can do better than Srk.
    I watched SM yesterday and somehow at the first few scenes of Anil I could sense he watched Srk. He kind of said some lines like Srk.

3. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

ewwww!!!!! slumdog was awesome.. but pleeeaseeee!!!!!!!! shahrukh is the BEST!!!
    plus.. he's on contract forone more season.. needs to get tht out of the way.

4. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

anil cant even say the word "millionaire" properly
    everytime he said it everyone around me would burst out laughing and i'd just look at them all confused
    i just couldnt get the joke until they pointed out they were laughing at him :tsk:

whatever, SRK is the best host
    he rocks :thumb:

5. maira

maira SRK-fanatic

welll..lets see how many people watch the show with out Shah Rukh in it....:suspicious:...wow sony is sooo clever....1st salman and now anil...they really know how to run their business well..:lol:...

6. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

:suspicious:
    grungy: In a dirty, rundown, or inferior condition.

is that what they meant by, grungy? :twitch:

7. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

he did say he watched Big B and SRK's ways of hosting and combined the two a bit :D
    actually i can imagine him hosting KBC, but i sure hope Shahrukh does :love:

8. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

LOL! I don't believe this... :rolleyes2:

9. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

ohhhhh noooo!!!! STAR, U HEAR ME: NO!!!!! :director: Anil is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring for crying out loud!!! he's fake "enthusiasm" is even more irritating that a flie!!!:frusty: they gone completely nuts if u ask me! :crazy:

10. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

Oh no..I mean I really like Anil somehow but no one can host it better than Shah Rukh!!!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy: Please let this not be true!!!:(

11. kokesrk

kokesrk Well-Known Member

Anil is only a mix between Shah Rukh and Amitji, nothing else

12. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

didn't srk already say he was gonna host it?
    lets wait for this news to be confirmed before we believe it!!

13. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

:D
    its like Arnold Schwarzenegger who can't say California good lol
    I don't think anyone will really watch the show if he do host it
    I mean what will there to look at
    when Shahrukh host there is someone to look at and drool

14. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Let Anil do his bit man! KBC has had its share of successful run in India! No matter what they do, they won't be able to pull it longer...

15. semsem008

semsem008 Well-Known Member

i think this is a rumor... he just can act a host but he cant be a one
    if i know this then sure sony tv knows that also
    i dont know why i cant disgust this anil

16. bijal

bijal Well-Known Member

SRK was best in KBC and no one can match his charisma, charm and energy.....The show with Anil will be flop!!

17. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

i dont think this is true, i mean anil kapoor was great in the film and i respect that film alot, but i dont think he would be able to maintain the interest of the audience on a full fledged show like srk has...

but salman? LMFAO are they serious? the man cant even speak hindi properly.

18. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

he gets that from Katrina a lot :lol:

19. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Re: ‘Slumdog’ game show host Anil Kapoor might turn presenter for KBC

:lol: :pound:

20. PaolaSRK

PaolaSRK Well-Known Member

I have seen the sinopsi of the movie here in my country already premiered on Thursday February 19, but I think a very good movie tube as well received here and I would be able to represent in this game is not can say whether it would do well or salman shahruhk although it would ovbiamente shahruhk perfect but Mr ANIL Kapor has done super well I have always thought that things happen for something and it was the turn of Mr Anil, and really congratulations .. but I do not think that my dear is the angry SHAHRUHK this a huge success with or without a movie so I do not worry we are to be provided for fans with no one takes the throne