1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

‘It’s not about terrorism’

Discussion in 'My Name Is Khan' started by Wafa, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Karan Johar clears the air about his next directorial venture.

Karan Johar has finished scripting his next directorial venture My Name is Khan which will bring Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol together again. He is also turning musical show judge for a channel close to his heart. A t2 chat...

It seems you will take another five years for your next film, just like Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna?
    (Giggles) No, no, no. I won’t take another five years. I will be starting my own film in August. Before that I will be producing a film, to be directed by my assistant Tarun Mansukhani. Then there’s another animation film from Dharma Productions which will also be directed by Tarun.

Everyone’s worried that now even Karan Johar is making a film on terrorism...
    (Giggles) Just to put all the rumours to rest without revealing too much, my film has nothing to do with terrorism.

So will it be a return to your school of film-making or will you continue to experiment?
    I don’t know about that but all I can tell you is that My Name is Khan is an emotional story of a husband and wife (Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol). And I am not making any kind of global statement. The atmosphere in which this couple lives is something that I have never done. But at the heart of it, it is a very human story about a husband and wife.

What are you doing on a musical reality show like Say Shava Shava on NDTV Imagine?
    Well, there are a couple of reasons really as to why I am being a judge on the show. First of all I have this association (Karan’s Dharma Productions has a stake in the channel) with NDTV Imagine anyway. And I would have liked to have been part of one of their launch episodes. They came up with this reality show and they were very comfortable with me being on it.

But there is no apparent novelty in the show. It’s the same concept of a few TV stars who cannot sing fighting it out at a singing competition...
    I am aware of that. I know as a format, musical reality shows like this have been done before on other channels. But what I like about Say Shava Shava is the tonality of the show. It is planned as a 11-day musical celebration. Just the way we go through the process of a wedding. From the engagement to the sangeet to the bidaai. That’s the real concept. Very much like one of our films.

But what are your credentials as a judge on a music show?
    (Giggles) Nothing. That’s the whole idea. The participants are not professional singers. Most of them are TV stars (Aman Verma, Apurva Agnihotri, Divyanka Tripathi, Juhi Parmar, Mouni Roy, Narayani Shastri, Pulkit Samrat and Sumeet Raghvan). And I am not a professional music judge. I will be judging them as a film-maker. It is the spirit which I found very positive. And it’s great fun. I have only hosted a show for TV (Koffee With Karan). Here I am a judge and I expect this experience to be very different.

Will you be a stern judge like Anu Malik and Shabana Azmi?
    I am going to be myself. I would not suddenly start giving my big fat opinions about music because I don’t have them. And I don’t want any unnecessary drama on the show. There should be no tears and slow motions. And there should be no fighting and no judge-contestant war.... You know all those scandals to increase TRPs. Just keep it happy and positive.

As one of the creative honchos of NDTV Imagine are you happy with the starting line-up of the channel?
    I have gone through all the shows and the most heartening thing about the shows is that despite being a general entertainment channel the tonality of the shows is far more real. Yes, there are soaps and reality shows and historicals but they are much more believable and should connect much more.

What is your role?
    I will always be there as the creative adviser. I will be there as support and feedback. Also, I will bring back my own show on NDTV Imagine in 2009.

Where will you find the time?
    There’s enough time for everything if time management is your forte (giggles).

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1071213/asp/entertainment/story_8660756.asp

2. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

thank God!! now if he just change his mind about nyc!

3. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

Everyone’s worried that now even Karan Johar is making a film on terrorism...
    (Giggles) Just to put all the rumours to rest without revealing too much, my film has nothing to do with terrorism.

ohh..thank God..

So will it be a return to your school of film-making or will you continue to experiment?
    I don’t know about that but all I can tell you is that My Name is Khan is an emotional story of a husband and wife (Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol). And I am not making any kind of global statement. The atmosphere in which this couple lives is something that I have never done. But at the heart of it, it is a very human story about a husband and wife.

an emotional story :heart::heart:husband SRK- wife Kajol : :bounce::bounce: clap2: :flypig: humble: :whoo::whoo: :lalala: :llama::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

4. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

I am going to airport to India ..pleease this news may confirmed when I am back..

5. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

I actually wouldn't mind watching a film about terrorism whether as the main theme or the backdrop...but whatever it's about, Shah Rukh is there and that's all that matters.:)

Seems like Karan is quite the giggler.:lol:

Thanks Wafa.:)

6. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

Yeah... he'd perfectly fit in here !!! :D (Giggles) :p

7. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

HAHAHA!!:pound: I think your high, Gai (poem!:p), probably from all that helping Shah Rukh!:D

8. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

Noooo!! :eek: He can do as many movies here, as long as SRK is in them :p

9. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

good news the film sounds good i hope the film releases next year

10. GemaSRK

GemaSRK Well-Known Member

Whatever anything story of the movie because i'm sure every movie starring by SRKajol insya Allah will to blockbuster;) and now i feel so happy:D:D:D
    because may dream will come true for see SRKajol together on screen again after 6 years i wait them:( and i want quickly saw their again to be husband and wife like K3G,their chemistry,their humor,and their romance .I hope the movie will release next year:). Thank you for sharing Wafa didi.:)

11. semaay

semaay Senior Member

I agree with you, Wafa. After KHNH and KANK, another city would be a really nice change, if he has to shoot in USA (which does not excite me much as well, to be honest :eek:, although I am happy for our members living in the USA). And since the theme of the movie is not terrorism, so why shoot than in NY?

12. ghada

ghada ♥♥♥SHAH RUKH ♥♥♥

thanks wafaa

ican't wait to watch srkajol:heart: again woooooooooooow
    it will be great movie inshallah

13. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

:lol: LOL... yaar... Shah Rukh gets me always high... he's the perfect drug... and it's all natural. (Giggles) :D :p ;)

14. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

I'm seriously thinking about a trip to NYC for next year... and I'm sure you won't mind me dropping by at your place... LOL... I simply invite myself just as Aman in 'KHNH' did. :D :p ;)

Hmmm... still I wonder why Karan is so obsessed with NYC as a location ?

15. starstar

starstar People are not perfect (except when they smile)

I'm already looking forward for "My Name is Khan" ( like most of us, I guess :D).

The fact that Shahrukh and Kajol will be playing husband and wife in this movie only increases my excitement :p.

Although the topic of this movie is something Karan has never dealt till now, I'm sure he'll handle with great talent :thumb:.

16. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

i also cant wait to see the film im sure it will be good lets hope it releases soon inshallah

17. BeBeDana

BeBeDana SRKLicious

18. BeBeDana

BeBeDana SRKLicious

19. BeBeDana

BeBeDana SRKLicious

The French Riviera would be a change of pace eh? In fact have there been any Indian made films in that area? You know the sea side, hell tops, and the sunset rides in red topless cars going down a winding road to the perfect little town center all with a naked guy fountain spraying water from ehmm hmmm. Damn this sounds like the talented Mr Ripley only in French not Italian settings. Ok forget about that! I think Karan's fixation with the letter K and NYC are inescapable, and we must suffer them each time he makes a movie with Shah Rukh.:scared:

20. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

Just to put all the rumours to rest without revealing too much, my film has nothing to do with terrorism.

good to hear