1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

‘I would prefer beating SRK with my films’ – Salman Khan

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Karan#1, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Xeny

Xeny ❤️‍ ART

don't be scared, even Don is a gentle lover ;)

yummy and rubyroo thank this.
  2. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

somehow I doubt that! :heh:

yummy says thanks.
  3. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

Yes. The rivalry between the fans is so unpleasant and negative. I think it isn't something to joke about. I much prefer statements that actively seek to build good will like what we see from Shah Rukh.

nika says thanks.
  4. Xeny

Xeny ❤️‍ ART

oh nooo... don't start this :nono:...you know that we can go on and oooon about Don...:eyebrows:

yummy says thanks.
  5. rubyroo

Don somehow doesn't seem off topic for this thread...

yummy and Xeny thank this.
  6. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

he wouldn't have to be gentle with me.....oh and I love your sig too!!! To die for.

rubyroo and Xeny thank this.
  7. Xeny

Xeny ❤️‍ ART

uff uff, I see some pretty tough ladies over here! :p
    Don will be as a lady wish him to be with her, gentle or not... only with enemies he is not gentle at all
    It's better to disscuss Don ruther that Salman , really

rubyroo and Debbie thank this.
  8. anesya

anesya Guest

true, to be honest I dont even knew they had such thing going on but in koffee with karan, karan mentioned that in his interview and shahrukh khan was all like
    I dont see any competition but I wish him the best

9. srkjuhi

srkjuhi Well-Known Member

He is just being himself. Don't care what his PR team supposedly participates in or does but I didn't think he said anything out of the ordinary here.

10. Baree

Baree Shah Rukh Khan forever

If Salman Khan had said "I wish to congratulate Shahrukh on his success" i would have been happy.... Instead he said " it's not that my movies are not releasing" as if to say He will beat srk's record again.... I feel sad coz does that mean Salman considers Shahrukh as his rival and not friend.... I hope not. I want them to be friends.
    Whereas Shah Rukh has always been so sweet n polite when asked about Salman

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    Krisi_love_SRK and rubyroo thank this.
  11. rubyroo

Exactly. If the tables were turned, Shah Rukh would definitely congratulate another actor's success.

nika says thanks.
  12. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

True. In the past he's talked also about wanting to break aamir's 3 idiots record.

It's good to see he him publicly acknowledge CE smashed every film of his. And he's also come across as desperate and insecure to people.

13. srkjuhi

I don't think he was being serious at all here. Shahrukh has joked about being number 1 so many times and some out there take that as an example of him being arrogant and what not. Shahrukh has a sense of humor so I don't think he minds all this. And even if Salman is indeed being serious then good for him. There is nothing wrong in healthy competition. I say bring it on. Just like Shahrukh has said when it comes to CE records , that records are meant to be broken.

14. Karan#1

What he said was random and nothing to do with the hug, and then he brings aamir and ranbir in. Serious or not, he said it and it doesn't look good on him. SRK joking about being no.1 has nothing to do with it nor does SRK saying records will be broken, he says that from a different perspective and sticks to talking about himself.

yummy and iamsrk thank this.
  15. srkjuhi

I don't conform to the notion that he should answer a particular question in a certain way and only then would it be "correct". He is his own person and will answer it the way he wants to. Shahrukh is a different person and he handles ridiculous questions by the media the way he thinks is right. There have been several occasions where what he has said in humor has been blown out of proportion or taken by some other actors way too seriously. I feel the same way when it comes to this particular comment by Salman. Then again humor is subjective :)

16. Karan#1

What Salman said had nothing to do with the question asked. He goes from being asked about the hug to wanting to beat SRK with his film. If he wants to say such stuff that isn't received well then that's up to him.

SRK doesn't talk about Salman or other actors and doing films to smash their records.

yummy says thanks.
  17. Krisi_love_SRK

Krisi_love_SRK Well-Known Member

Salman can beat SRK only in his dreams........:pound:..Good if he really think good for him and "Chennai Express'',but to say so cocky that he would fight ... does not know:laser:Sounds pretty arrogant...Shahrukh would never say something like that, or at least if you say .. it will be clear (for those who understand it, not for those with a small brain :laugh:) he was joking .But if Salman also joking about that too,,,ok...then.....:lol: Only he knows...I'm not Salman fan,but but I hate all this, what is written about them, just because something did not understand at the time and the media turned it into a big "story":rant:

18. Karan#1

From an interview:

Shah Rukh Khan’s recent film broke all your records. Did that bother you?
    That’s damn good, and I’m really happy. All films should do well. Ranbir’s (Kapoor) film also did so well. I don’t understand this game at all. If the film is good, it will do well and, if not, it won’t. Now, the (number of) theatres is increasing and so is the business and the population. Films are better too.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Tabloid/Iulia-who-asks-Salman-Khan/Article1-1121500.aspx

nika, Rayhana and srkjuhi thank this.
  19. srkjuhi

Shahrukh and Salman are two very different people and I don't know why people expect Salman to react the way Shahrukh would have. Why should he? When it comes to stuff not being received well ,the media there seemed pretty happy with what he said. Now it is a different issue altogether if some section of the media takes this out of context and makes a ridiculous story about it. Shahrukh has on numerous occasions spoken about other actors when he was asked about them. Which is exactly what happened here. The interviewer asked him about the hug and he added his 2 cents to it by saying how it was the correct thing to do considering the occasion and that they are not there to beat each other up. If they have to then they would do it at the B.O. There is nothing more to it imho.

20. Karan#1

Why are you so intent on justifying what salman said? It was out of context and not received well, simple.