1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

‘I think like a common man’

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by hashim, Apr 15, 2008.

1. hashim

hashim New Member

Shubha Shetty-Saha
    Tuesday, April 15, 2008 23:59 IST

Superstar turned businessman SRK insists that he is not driven by commercial gains, reports Shubha Shetty-Saha

Overnight you’ve become a rocking businessman….
    You’ll be surprised, but actually I am not doing any of this for money. Even the IPL thing, I’m purely doing it for the passion.
    I would not be making any money; at the most I’d be breaking even. Everything can’t be done for money. I want to set up a studio, but you can’t possibly make big money, (laughing) unless you are Yash Raj Films, where everyone in the family is involved.
    With cricket, if I can break even, I will continue. I can even sustain losses for two years, not beyond that. The ideology should never be tainted by commerce.

Why are you doing TV shows, if not for money?
    I’m doing this latest show because I need money for my cricket. I think like a common man and that’s why I am such a big star.
    I’m not greedy for money… that makes me like a common man because he doesn’t have this option. Everyone thinks I’m a manipulative businessman. But the truth is that I do things that come to my mind without thinking of the profit.
    God has been kind to me probably because I don’t plot and plan too much. I never have this ambition to be on the front page of the most happening business papers.

Are you saying losses don’t bother you?
    Yes, but that’s because profits don’t make me too happy either. I don’t think about the future too much. What matters to me is ‘now’. Even with my films, if one film makes money, then I launch another one.
    If it makes more money, then we buy new equipments. I have always taken chances. I am not materialistic. I don’t have craze for big cars and big houses. I just made a house and if it happened to be one of the biggest houses in the country, it’s God’s grace. I actually haven’t seen every part of my own house yet.

My mother used to say the easiest thing to earn and lose is money. So never bother about losing money. All I want is to give my kids the best education. And probably 10 years down the line, when I have enough property I might just sit back and enjoy. That property will look after me.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?Newsid=1159903

2. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

:thumb:

I think it's great the way he continuously does these projects to keep on fulfilling his goals in a self-sufficient manner. You can tell he really applies the good advice his gave him.

:heart::heart::heart:

I like it when he acknowledges people's misconceptions about him.:thumb:But it pisses me off because when I try to explain this to people they say, "And you actually believe him?" I don't know why it's so difficult for people to see goodness in others.:rolleyes:

He is so simple and down to earth.:heart::hug:

Thanks a lot Hashim.:)

3. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

amazing sha:thumb:

If you do something with strong beliefs, it will work for you. specially if you do with pure-mind.well said

thanks hasim for shaing:)

4. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Re: ‘I think like a common man’

This makes me think of a comment he said in an interview a while back. He said something like, people who find him to be good (person) it's because there is goodness in them, and people who hate him, it's also because of these people themselves. Like people somehow reflect something about themselves into him...

You know, since I live in a country where we don't get hindi cinema, I am surrounded by people who don't know Shahrukh. (My colleagues mainly know that he is "some Indian actor that Katja is obsessed about [LOL!]...) But a while ago I was printing out a picture of Shahrukh on our new colour printer, to attach the pic to a poem on my locker door... When a colleague of mine saw the picture (from berlinale, it's the same one as on my avi) she looked at it and commented, that he looks like a very kind person. And sometime before another colleague had made a similar comment about another picture. To me that was so heartwarming to hear these comments. Because people can think that he is goodlooking or not, tastes vary, but that people who don't know anything about him can see his kindness just by looking at his picture. That proved to me, that it's not just my imagination that the beauty of his soul really does show to the outside also....

5. rahulsn011

rahulsn011 Well-Known Member

I always believe that the best way to earn money is by working hard but not thinking of its profits, earn the most in life! i thiink those that are greedy for money end up losing the money! but those that have got the money by doing whatever they did, passionately and the money always stays with them!

6. Agadka

Agadka I CAN TOUCH STARS:D

very nice article :)

..and Katja, really well said :thumb:
    I agree with every of your word. I also have this warm feeling when somebody's saying such a good words about Him, but unortunately it's so rare around me :(

7. chatranisrk

chatranisrk Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh sounds more and more like a guruji for me, I mean, most of the things he says are like little lights on my road, more keys to get on with my life, he may say he thinks like a common man, but he is THE wisiest guy around me... :heart:

Thanks for sharing, Hashim, I just love to read his words. ;)

8. clochette

clochette New Member

Oh, I simply love this man!!! Wow!!! I would like to say to the pseudo-psychoanalyst in the other thread: Man, take a look at what you don't want to see!!!
    I think most of people just CAN'T BELIEVE that a person with inherent goodness like ShahRukh CAN EXIST, so they look after that what they CAN believe because it matches better to her image of the world!!!

They either don't know "The little prince" or they have chased him forever because of whatever reason. It takes people who are looking at other people with the heart to perceive the gorgeous child ShahRukh has preserved!

9. Herewithme

Herewithme Active Member

wouldnt mind having a problem like that, would we?? lol!!!! :D:thumb:

But seriously, he is just such a smart and intelligent guy. His interviews dont sound like interviews done by movie stars at all, rather he sounds like a damn good motivational speaker/guru; and a good looking one at that, if i might add....;)

10. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

OMG, that is so beautiful Katja.:heart: Thank you so much for sharing this with us.:hug: I always think the same about your pic...it reflects an unbelievable amount of goodness.:heart:

I have a similar story as well. As usual when I'm in India my relatives like to give me hell about Shah Rukh. So we were watching Chak De Yaara (Shah Rukh and the cricketers) and of course my aunt kept making jokes blabla. Anyways, she finally stopped and then actually watched the show for sometime. It was completely silent and then out of nowhere she goes, "Shah Rukh Khan insaan bahut achcha hai." (Shah Rukh Khan is a really good person.) As you said, the feeling was heartwarming. At first, I couldn't believe it. I was like :eek:, after all this making fun of him where did this come from? I guess when she chose to finally watch Shah Rukh, just those few minutes of seeing him interact with others was enough to show her what a beautiful person he is.:heart:

11. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

My mother used to say the easiest thing to earn and lose is money. So never bother about losing money. All I want is to give my kids the best education. And probably 10 years down the line, when I have enough property I might just sit back and enjoy. That property will look after me.

awe! that touched me!! :hug::heart: he is a really great man and.. what u said Katja is so true and cute! and it happened to me too! ppl who ye know about indian movies but never watched any,when i take my laptop to college and show my SRK Group :heh: lol one girl came and was lookin at his pics and she was like omg! his eyes is so touching! and i gave her KANK and she said shes keeping it cuz she want to watch it again, i also gave her Veer Zaara and she said she got that look, that makes u melt! and now shes a total crazy fan! lol and i feel so proud cuz he deserve to be loved and to be recognized! :love:

12. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Thanks Hashim!! :hug:

I just love his words... :heart:

Many people think that is a big lie... but that's not!!!
    You can feel it.. you can see it.. and sometimes you can even touch it! Just see into his eyes.... and you'll know it.... if you want!
    I had a time ago a big fight with a friend because of this. But at the end I've only said :"Ok.. just go blind and believe"

Very wise words!!!

13. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

great mind!

14. semaay

semaay Senior Member

I just simply love this man, nothing more to add! :heart:

15. Pinky Iqbal

Pinky Iqbal SHAHRUKH LOVER

U r really Superrrrrbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Janu :thumb: one should b like that.

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

And God will always remain Kind to you :amen:

:eek: It shows how busy u r sweety :nod:

16. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

I agree with you all.:)
    what kind of touching experiences you have with non-srk fans, its so emotional.:eek:

The people may have different tastes, but SRK has the biggest fan base in the world, due to his great personality and charisma.
    Actually, his interviews always gives amazing feelings.:thumb:

His eyes,behaviour, the way he talks, the way he see the life , the respectness he has to others, love for his family and parents always speaks the fact, that is he is rare, wonderful human being.:heart::heart:

The way he talks about his parents' early death, his love for gauri, the way he cried in front of hotels in mumbai after realising he was so helpless, his sisters health, the fearness of missing his closests, the fear when Aryan goes to school............. always increase my love and respect for him.

simply speaking, he gives alot of love, hopes to people. :heart::heart:
    I can see so many people find hapiness in their truobled lives at least for a while because of him.:heart:
    so definitely he deserves love, respect even more than he gets.:heart::heart:

17. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Yes, I think that is one of the first things that really attracted me to him after his sweet face. He is so motivational in his approach and natural conversation! He inspires us to be the best!!!!!!
    I loved these comments.