1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

‘I think I won’t be thrown out’

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by akoori, Aug 4, 2006.

1. akoori

akoori Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh Khan says good things have outnumbered the bad in his career

OMAR QURESHI Times News Network
    Aug 5, 2006 Bombay Times

It’s been a long silence from one of our finest superstar ‘talkers’. But with KANK coming up, will SRK ‘crank’ up the ‘quotables’ to burnup delighted dictaphones? BT finds out...

Long time no SRK... busy at the studios? How much more to achieve?
    When I started out, there was no fixed plan in my head that I have to achieve ‘xyz’ or I have to get ‘n’ number of awards or hits. There’s never been a height which I wanted to jump to. I’ve just kept working and things have just happened, even bad things. But the good things have outnumbered the bad ones. As long as that continues and the balance doesn’t shift, I think I won’t be thrown out. I try and entertain as many people as I can. As long as I can do that, I’m fine.

One of your favourite screen pairings, Kajol returned to the big screen with another Khan — Aamir. Jealous?
    Of Aamir? Sure. But seriously, I think most of this ‘pairing’ and ‘chemistry’ is more to pander to the thoughts of people who’re writing. It’s nice that Kajol is working even after the baby. I remember how she used to sit with her friends — me included — and ask me how I could leave my daughter at home and come to work. And, as for a comeback, I think for her it’s more of a personal comeback than a professional one; because I don’t think professionally she went away at all. I’m just glad she’s back because she’s a wonderful, wonderful person.

Rani, from being one of your biggest admirers, has come into her own, post Black and Hum Tum...
    Rani has done very well for herself. I think she was always very good, but it took a film like Black to show people what she was capable of.

Preity and you were never really friends till lately. What changed the equation?
    You get to know a person when you work with him or her. I’ve never worked closely with Preity except in Dil Se for a few scenes and a song. Then I didn’t work with her for a long time, till Kal Ho Na Ho and now KANK. So, I’ve got to know her over the last year and a half only. I spend most of my time — about eight to 10 hours — on the sets. I got to be friends with people I worked with, like Madhuri, Juhi, Kajol. When you work so much with people, you start liking them and friendly relationships are formed. I think that’s what changed my equation with Preity.

First Ash and now Sush. Your heroines seem to be riding off into the West...
    Sushmita and Ash are international actors. They’ve been Miss Universe and Miss World and they’ve been exposed internationally. I’m sure they’ll both do very well, because they’re both great lookswise, acting-wise and personalitywise.

How do you react to stories about ‘fall-outs’ with mentors and seniors like Amitabh Bachchan, Yash Chopra?

These things are embarrassing to even talk about. When you talk about Yashji and me, it’s like me talking about you not getting along with your mother or your family. My relationship with Yashji is more than family. Amitji and I have had a superb working relationship since Mohabbatein and there’s no issue whatsoever. There’s no clarification required for such baseless rumours at all.

2. vwelling

vwelling lois87

Great article, good questions and perfect answers. thanks for sharing Akoori.

3. Poonam

Poonam New Member

I think most of this ‘pairing’ and ‘chemistry’ is more to pander to the thoughts of people who’re writing.

Well said!

How do you react to stories about ‘fall-outs’ with mentors and seniors like Amitabh Bachchan, Yash Chopra?

If I were SRK, I'd rate this as the most boring question of the year.

4. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

Thanks for this great interview, Akoori. :kiss:

I really enjoyed reading it, Shah Rukh's replys are perfect as always... :thumb: ... I just love his witty, clever, sensible and determined way of putting things... yes, he's not only got the looks but also the brains.:heart:

Shah Rukh truly is one of the most intelligent, well-read, and well-educated people I ever met. :nod:

And such sweet words about Kajol !!! :D

5. srkpreityfan

srkpreityfan Well-Known Member

Cool! This is the first and only time that I have read Shahrukh say anything about Preity... Thanks for sharing this.... :)

6. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

:thumb: Great interview...! Thank you! :)

7. starstar

starstar People are not perfect (except when they smile)

Thanks for sharing, Akoori. Nice interview & brilliant answers from Shahrukh. As always. What nice words he says about his co-stars. Especially Kajol. He's a Sweetheart!
    Now I'm a little confused about a point: I didn't know that SRK and Preity "ere never really friends till lately". I was convinced that they have always been good friends ( I don't know why) And Shahru didn't mention Veer-Zaara.. :confused:. Maybe I didn't understand it well..

Anyway, this is a nice interview. Once more, thanks for sharing dear.:)

8. semaay

semaay Senior Member

Thanks for this great interview Akoori! Again, very interesting point of views of SRK!

9. avggomez

avggomez New Member

soooooooooo sweet of apni kajol! i luv SRK for beeing the great man of all times. hw sweet when he said he is jealuos of aamir. we know you are missing your fav co-star. we are missing you both too. come back soon.

10. srkSuperFan

srkSuperFan SRK Super Fanatic

He always says the right thing in a straightforward manner. Great interview!
    Thanx Akoori! :)

11. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

Thanks for sharing Akoori :thumb:

Yet another great interview, with sharp, witty and intelligent answers:D He must be an interviewers dream, providing they are sharp, witty and intelligent enough to keep up with him :rolleyes: :p

12. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I can tell from his answers he's bored with the same redundant questions, but still gave the interviewer his full attention and the answers he's looking for.

13. sanusandhu

sanusandhu Ullu-Club-Member

Great answers as usual..I think very few actors in our industry know how to answer properly. Most of them make no sense and are not inarticulate. I love Amitabh and Shahrukh whenever they are on TV. no one else has same grace.

14. Tanjusik

Tanjusik New Member

Thanks for sharing! Nice article!

15. Shina001

Shina001 Tina

Great Article

Thanks for sharing:)