1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

‘I am a die-hard SRK fan’ Says Juhi Babbar

Discussion in 'Ghar Ki Baat Hai' started by Bridget, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

‘I am a die-hard SRK fan’

Chaya Unnikrishnan Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 1220 hrs IST

Says Juhi Babbar who makes her TV debut with Red Chillies’ Ghar Ki Baat Hai

We’ve heard that you had been offered many popular soaps in the past but refused. Is it because Ghar Ki Baat Hai is a Shah Rukh Khan production that you finally took the plunge?

Partly, yes. I am a die-hard fan of Shah Rukh Khan, so much so that I have had fights with my friends over him. Now my friends tease me that I am doing this serial only because of him! Seriously, it worked out as a package. This serial is a tribute to Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi, which I have seen as a child and enjoyed. Aziz (Mirza) uncle who treats my mother like his sister is involved in this show and that made me feel good. I knew I would be in a protective atmosphere. Whether it was my first Hindi film or theatre, I have always been working in a homely atmosphere. It is important for me to feel comfortable with people whom I am working.

So, you are reprising the role played by Swaroop Sampat..
    (Cuts in) The set-up is very similar to Yeh Jo... and my role is a cut-out of Swaroop’s role. But I haven’t been asked to observe her performance or perform like her. Radhika Yagnik, the character I play is more bubbly, active and energetic. She is mad about chatting on phone, buying things on a sale - she will even buy a windmill if it is on sale! I relate to her liveliness but I am not dumb like her.

Are you enjoying your tryst with TV?
    Working with Red Chillies’ is a fantastic experience. I feel completely chilled out and positive. But I am told that this is not really the way a TV production works.

Your co-stars are all popular names on TV. What is your experience with them?
    I have been in the acting industry for 10 years but this is the first time I am working in a serial. As you said, all my co-stars are big names on TV and I was a little worried initially about how they would treat me. But they’ve been extremely good and welcomed me with open arms. Most of these actors have a theatre background and there is a lot of give and take. My relationship with Swapnil (Joshi) who plays my brother is exactly like the one I have with my brothers Arya or Prateik. It’s closer to the way I am with Arya because we are in the same age group. Ali Asgar who plays Satish Shah’s role is superb. I had watched him in a serial Ek Do Teen Char and I feel he’s like my buddy. Sumeet is also supportive and so is Jayati Bhatia who is a fabulous actress.

Will we see any actors from Yeh Jo... in the serial?
    No. We have celebrities walking into the serial in every episode. We have just shot an episode with Juhi Chawla. There will be epsiodes with Shreyas Talpade and Irrfan Khan too. It will be a star-studded serial.

What is the one thing that you remember from Yeh Jo..?
    I remember so many things but the scene in which the actors are sitting on a camel is my favourite. The scene was shot in Juhu and the building that is seen in the background is the one where we are staying. As a kid that was exciting to me.
    http://www.screenindia.com/news/i-am-a-diehard-srk-fan/415736/

2. srk_kushal

srk_kushal I Like Blue...

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

This is the only way she could become a part of an article.

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound: