1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

‘Give me more hours in a day!’

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by cherine, Oct 27, 2006.

1. cherine

cherine Well-Known Member

That’s Shah Rukh Khan’s birthday wish, as he turns 41 on November 2

AFSANA AHMED Times News Network

He is here, there and everywhere, doing everything possible with his unbounded energy. Yet, Bollywood’s badshah Shah Rukh Khan, who is turning 41 on November 2, is dissatisfied.
    “I work about 18 hours a day, but that’s not enough. If I had the power to change anything, I would add a few more extra hours in a day. I truly want more time,” says Shah Rukh. He has delayed his trip to Australia because he wants to spend his birthday with family and friends. There’s a grand celebration happening, planned by his friends.
    “Nothing special about turning 41,” he smiles. “It’s just one more year added to 40. But yes, it looks like it was only yesterday that I was 40... God! Time flies so fast, you don’t even realise...” he trails off. However, he adds that nothing major has changed in his life. “Unlike last year, when I was tied down because of my back problems, this year I’m feeling much better. I’m planning to sign more films than usual. And yes, I’m spending more time with my kids.”
    Son Aryan is apparently flying high with Khan’s new avatar as the new Don. “Yes, he loved it. Only that he thought his real life kicks are better than mine on screen!” says the proud papa.
    While Don has invited mixed reactions, SRK isn’t perturbed. “I am nobody to be compared with Amitji. I think Dilipsaab and Amitji are incomparable. But my effort was to introduce the film to the younger generation,” he says and adds as an afterthought, “Excellence shouldn’t be compared. It’s only mediocrity that’s compared.”
    He says he is also not bothered about the rankings in the box office. “Being called India’s greatest star and all that doesn’t excite me anymore. If a film does well, I’m excited and if it flops, I’m very disturbed. I go through endless and nervous waiting till the day of the release and after that, it’s over. Next morning, it’s a new day for me,” he says. The superstar also admits he is only human. “I would lie if I say I am not a victim of the trappings of a star. Like everyone, I am also affected by success. The thought of discovering that all these things are not there one day, scares the hell out of me. I guess, life has its own plans,” says SRK candidly.
    One also wonders about his autobiography, that he has been writing for the last two years. “My book is ready, but it’s redundant now. Other people have beaten me to it. I have it in my computer. I’ll probably continue writing. I’m not a writer and I don’t have a deadline. I can take my time,” he reveals. So where does SRK see himself 10 years from now? “I only see one hour ahead, I don’t think about the future. For me, the magic lies in the moment.”
    source india times

2. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Very nice.:heart:

Thanks Allaoui.:)

3. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

:hug::kiss:

4. Michelle

Michelle THE BAADSHAH RULES!

awww he's plannin to sign more films??:cheer2: n happy that he is feelin much better than the last year!:kiss: i pray that he stays healthy n fit like this forever!!!:pray: :hug:

5. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

this year I’m feeling much better. thx god

I’m planning to sign more films than usual.:D :D :D :thumb: And yes, I’m spending more time with my kids:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

6. Adaneth

Adaneth New Member

great articel. Good that he feels better.

7. mcmotchie

mcmotchie Member

“Nothing special about turning 41,” he smiles. “It’s just one more year added to 40. But yes, it looks like it was only yesterday that I was 40... God! Time flies so fast, you don’t even realise...”

Congratulations for one more year.:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    It is a gift from God. I ask HIM the God of life to give you many more years.
    May He (God) renew your strength and help you soar the heights as the eagle. May God renew your youth and bless you with iron health.
    Be blessed and remain a blessing to many.
    Yours in His care,
    MC :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

8. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

A wonderful interview... thanks for sharing Allaoui. :kiss:

I'm very happy and much relieved that he's feeling much better now... and inshallah it will stay that way. :pray2:

I can truly relate to what he's saying about time flying by so fast... it's unbelievable and sometimes quite scary. :scared:

I could use a couple hours more a day myself... just like Shah Rukh I always have this feeling that I'm running a few days late in my life. :rolleyes:

But no matter how busy his schedule is, he never fails to find enough time for his kids, I'm happy that this year he will spend his birthday at home together with his Family and friends. :heart: :heart: :heart:

9. Tanjusik

Tanjusik New Member

It's so nice interview!!!! I am happy that his health is better now!!!!
    And I am so glad about his films plans!!!!

10. josh

josh Member

Get I crazy or is there a depressive tone in the interview? :confused2:

And yes, I’m spending more time with my kids.
    That´s the line I get the feeling that something isn´t o.k.
    I couldn´t explain it. :(

this year I’m feeling much better
    That makes me happy. :)

I’m planning to sign more films than usual.
    How will HE spend more time with HIS kids then? :suspicious:

life has its own plans
    That´s true. :nod:

I only see one hour ahead, I don’t think about the future.
    That´s good.so HE couldn´t be dissapointed to much. :thumb:

11. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

... I was tied down because of my back problems, this year I’m feeling much better...

Thank God!

...Dilipsaab and Amitji are incomparable....

And Shah Rukh Khan too!!! :thumb:

...My book is ready, but it’s redundant now....

Nothing is redundant from you! We will wait patiently!!! :D

Thanks Cherine! :hug:

12. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Honestly???
    I think you're going :crazy: ;) :hug: :kiss:

What is wrong? I don't read/feel a depressive tone in this interview... :suspicious:
    Sometimes I wish that I've more time too... especially here! ;)

I think that is really cool that he has found a way to spend more time with his kids and make more movies...( serious.. I ask me how??:confused: ) ...but that is just wonderful! :thumb:

13. clochette

clochette New Member

For a man who doesn't sleep more than four hours, 18 hours of a work he needs like breathing isn't too much.
    The best sentence of the article is:

I fully agree. The best you can do in life is living the moment no matter what you're doing or experiencing. And if it is something bad or saddening you always know that there will be other moments you will enjoy then. ShahRukh is so full of love for life and love with all his knowledge of loss and fugacity, he's eating life with big spoones. Go on, Sweetoo!!!
    (Thanks, Allaoui, for posting this excellent article!)