1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

‘Cut’ to a new look!

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by akoori, Jul 31, 2007.

1. akoori

akoori Well-Known Member

Bombay Times
    July 31, 2007

Bollywood hairstylists offer fans the stars’ looks at Cut-A-Thon for charity

NIMISHA TIWARI Times News Network

The hair-stylists of Bollywood’s bold and beautiful denizens, 24 in all, are coming together for a Cut-AThon next Sunday and offering to give 300 fans the film star style and look. It’s all for a cause.
    The money raised by this unique effort will go towards Project Crayons (Child Rehabilitation And Youth Oriented Nationwide Services), an NGO that supports underprivileged and physically challenged orphan children nationwide.
    It is not known as yet if any film stars will attend the Cut-A-Thon at Infiniti Mall and offer themselves as live models to up the glamour quotient of the charity event, but the hairstylists are mini-celebrities in their own rights.

Leading the snip brigade will be Dilshad Pastakia, who styles Shah Rukh Khan’s hair and Urmila Matondkar, Rani Mukerji and Preity Zinta’s tresses.

Then there will be Adhuna Babani Akhtar, who is Shabana Azmi and Farhan Akthar’s stylist; Asha Hariharan, who is known to be favoured by Madhavan, Suchitra Pillai and Dilip Vengsarkar; Aalim Hakim, who’s an all time favourite with Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt and Salman Khan; Avan Contractor and many others.

Pastakia, Chairperson of HIP (Hair India People) — which has organised the event, is confident about the initiative. “People often tend to feel that we hairstylists are constantly at loggerheads. Well, we aren’t, in fact, we are all together. And with the Cut-A-Thon, we intend to go the extra mile and give back something to society’s less privileged. Hairstylists are a bunch of eccentric people, but we are fashionable and weird in a big way. So it’s going to be a riot at the event, and a creative one at that. This concept has been a success globally but it’s the first time that we are attempting it in India,” said an excited Pastakia.
    Hairstylist Aalim promises to jazz up the Cut-AThon with his bizarre cuts. “I’m going to give some asymmetric cuts, short crops to girls and some out-of-the world snips to the guys. This will also be an information platform as younger, aspiring hairstylists can chat up with the celebrity hair dressers here and learn as well.” Sapna Bhavnani, hairstylist for Bipasha Basu, John Abraham and Gauri Khan, added, “I’m excited to the hilt. It’s going to be mad next Sunday at the Cut-A-Thon. We will all go scissors-happy and have people enjoying their cuts and new looks while also contributing towards a cause.”

2. Zoe

Zoe New Member

Great idea!!! :p

3. Dewicinta

Dewicinta New Member

wonderful ....thanks

4. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

thats great...thx akoori

5. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Good idea!! :thumb:

Thank you for sharing! :)

6. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

thats a sweet idea :high5: kudos to them...

7. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

OMG!! I know Project Crayons!!! Good to see people come together for a good cause.:thumb:

Thanks Akoori.:)

8. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing

9. JohnyDee

JohnyDee New Member

good idea and sounds like fun too.

10. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

NOOO!! :Cry::Cry: I'm going to miss his gorgeous silky long hair:( I didn't get enough of it yet.

11. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Yaar, I don't think Shah Rukh is cutting his hair quite yet,

so you can breathe for a few more days.:p

12. meeka

meeka New Member

that's a great cause to do this for. its not easy to part with your long hair, you kind of feel attached to it specially when you didn't have intentions to cut it:p

I wonder how rani would get it cut and if she would have a lot of it cut. she has beautiful long hair.